Revising Professional Writing In Science and Technology, Business, and the Social Sciences, 4th edition
Kathryn Riley, Illinois Institute of Technology
Kim Sydow Campbell, University of Alabama
Alan Manning, Brigham Young University
Frank Parker, Louisiana State University (Retired)
2015, 246 pages, paper, spiral bound, perforated pages, illustrated, $59.95 (list). ISBN 13: 978-0-9767180-6-2.
Answer Key available to instructors adopting text.
View Table of Contents
Revised and expanded edition of Revising Technical and Business Writing, praised as "Strunk and White for technical and business writers . . . . excellent integration of linguistic and rhetorical principles." Journal of Business and Technical Communication
Revising Professional Writing is an affordable textbook for courses in scientific and technical writing, business writing, and other types of advanced writing. Each chapter explains principles for revising or editing a single feature of a draft. Students then solve revision and editing problems in the applications section of each chapter.
- Over 400 revision and editing problems covering rhetorical context, development, organization, style and tone, and mechanics.
- Problems range from sentences and paragraphs to 11 full-length texts.
- Examples from a variety of texts: memos, letters, résumés, proposals, instructions, definitions, and reports.
- All revising and editing problems drawn from the actual writing of college students.
- Self-contained chapters, allowing flexible use with other textbooks.
Print copies of the 3rd edition may be ordered from Alibris.